[Coco] A caveat for Drivewire users

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jul 2 11:25:31 EDT 2013

If you are like me, you have not burned a Drivewire HDBDOS ROM but are just
and programs but be warned. Any program that makes use of the all RAM mode and
switches back to the ROMs for disk I/O will fail and probably crash your Coco!!

I know of two programs that fall into this category, Lyra and my EDTASM super
patch EDT6309. There certainly must be more programs that switch between RAM/ROM
and all RAM modes.

So before you blame Drivewire for your problems, regardless of Coco model, burn
a disk ROM.

Robert