[Coco] DriveWire issues with Coco 1 F/285 Board

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 14:57:45 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus)
<retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First thing: i have a computer with serial-usb dongle and it works fine
> with Coco2 and 3. In 57kbps and 110kbps respectively. And I use DriveWire
> 4.3.3
>
> But for the coco1 i get a Timed out when reading about 252ms.
>
> I noticed if i change DW advanced setting to: ReadDelay = 1 and
> WriteByteDelay = 1 it works. But is pretty laggy now. A directory listing
> is stopped at the middle while it waits half second for the next read and
> so on.

Hello,

I think you would need only WriteByteDelay, this inserts X ms
artificial delay on each byte sent.  ReadDelay is an artificial pause
when returning disk sectors, I don't think you should need it.  You
might get more acceptable performance this way, obviously still not
ideal.

It might be that a slight delay on the first byte would be enough to
let the bitbanger routine sync up.. I will add such an option in the
next version just in case.  I don't have a CoCo 1 here to test with so
my apologies, the CoCo 1 support is not well tested at all.

-Aaron