[Coco] I never said CaChars was original

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 09:22:54 EST 2013

One such hirez text program from Rainbow (july 86) was "Mouse" by Steve Bjork for Coco 2. I don't think he did a font editor for it, but I did & still have it somewhere on disk.
Mouse featured hi-res joystick & cocomax interface support, bell and click calls, graphics pointer and a upper & lower case 32x24 graphics font patched into Basic's print cmd. All cmds were called via USR calls
I used this program for quite a while and wrote several programs for it. It was relocatable so I wrote a rom/ram routine that would load it in above DECB so it didn't use memory. Then I got a Coco 3 and had no more use for it. The sources were uploaded by Steve to RTSI years ago. 5 files, MOUSE1.ASM - MOUSE5.ASM plus the basic loader file with 3 programs he submitted DISKTIME.BAS, LINES.BAS & CURMAK.BAS. Other people submitted a couple of programs to Rainbow for Mouse over the next couple of years.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com