[Coco] Ethernet Port Cartridge for the Coco 3

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 09:30:13 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM, Kip Koon <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:
> James Dessart is or was working on an Ethernet port for the coco using an
> AVR ATmega8.
> http://skwirl.com/coco/ethernet/

I had been working on it, but stopped due to lack of hardware
knowledge. Who knows, I may pick it up again at some point, but not
right at the moment. I've misplaced the ethernet module I was going to
use and have a lot of other projects closer to the top of my TODO
stack. ;)

If you don't mind losing quite a few addresses in the IO space, you
can interface any 8-bit compatible Ethernet chip to the CoCo's bus,
but as Aaron pointed out, there's no software. A good place to start
would be the uIP-AVR port. The CoCo has more RAM than the targeted
devices do, but is considerably slower. However, uIP was originally
developed on the C64.

--
James Dessart
<http://ideaoubliette.blogspot.com/>