[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Ham radio interface cartridge ????

Sat Jan 26 18:44:10 EST 2013

Hi,

The CoCo was used a lot by HAM radio operators.

I sent Aaron all my A5 magazines but I could not find at the time the
special TRS80C Reprint.

I now have it in hand.

See this link for A5 and other magazine history.

http://www.atvquarterly.com/ATV_Magazine_History_1962-1991.pdf

The reason I got my First CoCo was K6AEP's two part article about SSTV.

http://archive.org/stream/73-magazine-1984-11/11_November_1984

http://archive.org/details/73-magazine-1984-12

I never put the parts together but I got a much better computer than running
Flex on a SYM-1 (Yes, the CPU was replaced with a 6809).

I also got from Clay a RTTY program and a CW program both on tape for the
CoCo.

He was hell on wheels, one meeting he said that he had gotten the "new"
Flex, disassembled it and made it smaller, faster and had added features.

A5 appears to not be online, search the 73 archive  for his name, he
published a lot of articles.

SHF