[Coco] Seeking ECB Rom in the US

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jan 25 20:38:08 EST 2013

Kip,
Again... You are replacing the DISK rom in the emulator, not the BASIC rom. It is residing in the emulated cartridge port and not in the mother board roms. If you were putting HDBDOS on the motherboard rom, ECB would not be present and HDBDOS would be in the wrong location at $A000. HDBDOS is an enhanced DECB rom and has NO code for CB or ECB. The notice you see in the bootup shows that it is DISK EXTENDED COLOR BASIC, just like the rom in a Tandy disk controller. If you are accomplishing this on the motherboard, I would like to know how, as well as where you got the roms.

If you burn HDBDOS on the same rom as CB & ECB, it will not work. Unlesss (AFAIK) you physically modify the addressing on the Coco which I think would not be an easy task.
Again, as far as I know, the HDBDOS rom must be in the catridge port on a disk controller or rom cart. If you are loading it from disk, it is still being loaded to the cart area. In this case, it is loaded into low memory as an ML program then a rom/ram program is run copying roms to ram and hdbdos is copied to $C000, the cart area and the executing it, therefore patching it into CB &ECB.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com