[Coco] Korean Coco 2 question

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Thu Jan 24 03:32:29 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 07:22:31AM -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013, Frank Pittel wrote:

> >>That will come as a surprise to Radio Shack.  Last time I was in the
> >>store they still had the "twofer" packs of Cramolin.  Red and Gold
> >>in little spray cans.
> >>
> >>I also have a couple of them on the shelf in the shop.  Maybe they
> >>are as valuable as Hostess Twinkies nowadays?
> >
> >Check the date. I used to use cramolin on the job better then 20 years ago.
> >It was a thin red oil. Put very little on a piece of paper and run it on the
> >contacts, pins or in the case of a noisy put the carbon or wire. Then take a fresh
> >peice of paper and wipe the "excess" off. The improvement was amazing. I tried
> >buying it 17-18 years ago and it had been discontinued then already. At the time
> >"pro gold" was the closest replacement but as far as I can tell even that's been
> >discontinued.
>
> Ok, the stuff I have is "De-oxit Gold" from Caig Laboratories.  You
> are saying this is not the same substance?  All I know is that it

Wow this is going on longer then I thought. When I tried getting cramolin for myself many
years ago I called caig labs to ask about getting some cramolin. I was told it was discontinued
because it contained or used (it was a long time ago and memory has faded) some chemical that was
thought to destroy the ozone and as a result got banned in the US. They had reformulated the it and
I bought an fluid once.

I have to admit since I still have 98% of that original ounce left I haven't been following their product
line but have noticed they've discontinued what I bought and changed their product line around since I
bought my bottle of "Pro Gold". It looks like the De-oxit Gold that you have is a descendent of cramolin.

I'm not sure if I'm going to live long enough to actually use the stuff I have left but from reading the
information on the De-oxit Gold and comparing it to the specs of both cramolin and what I got I'm thinking that
they're all functionally the same. They remove the oxidation that causes bad connections, as an oil protect the
connections from further oxidation and act as a "micro conductor" which is supposed to give make for better
connections.

Great stuff!!

The Other Frank