[Coco] Assemblers' Documentation

Thu Jan 24 01:39:20 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lothan" <lothan at newsguy.com>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Assemblers' Documentation

> c.asm and RMA are pretty much the same assembler that support a more
> modern (for the time) development paradigm in which the source files can
> be generally small and object files can be placed into libraries. This
> assembler also supports macros and conditional statements. You'll also
> find a Windows/Linux version of RMA and RLink in Toolshed.

Hi,

In my thread about the "C" Compiler I say nothing about why RMA and RLINK
were created.
Because I do not have that information.

I wondered the other day and looked at the documentation for "OS-9 Level II
Development System and Tech Reference - Tandy (1987)" and other than
becoming so sick upon reading about Scred that I added a thread for Colorful
SLED, the exercise was unrewarded.  I could not see any reason given for
their creation.

What was added to change c.asm and c.link into RMA and RLINK must be for
assembly programmers only.

Can you or anyone help me add to the "C" Compiler thread to explain why.

TIA

SHF