[Coco] MESS CoCo Emulation

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue Jan 22 20:43:28 EST 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:05:25 -0500
Frank Swygert <farna at amc-mag.com> wrote:

> I'd just like a clarification: MESS and MESSUI appear to be the same
> thing, except that MESSUI has a different (better) User Interface --
> correct?
>
> Anyone pared MESS down to just CoCo emulation? That along with just
> enough of Linux to boot and run the emulation (well, you'd need some
> utilities for disk copying and such) would be a good "CoCo"
> distribution... along with a customized GUI for utilities and
> launching emulation...

Frank:

	Yes, I did. (There is probably some hardware emulation that can
still be removed.) I run it on one of my Raspberry Pi(s). If someone
designs a CoCo keyboard to USB keyboard converter, I can put it in a
CoCo case!!!

	I used SdlMess 0.125 (the newer versions of mess wouldn't run
on the Pi).

	Watch for an article in the Coco 123 (Glenside Newsletter).

Christopher R. Hawks
--
"For best results: Wash in cold water separately, hang dry and iron with
warm iron. For not so good results: Drag behind car through puddles,