[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: New Basic Games

jim_gerrie jimgerrie at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 20 00:03:54 EST 2013

Thanks.  I've put some pictures up.  I have a new game called Pipe Frenzy which I've submitted to the Coco Coding contest:
http://cococoding.com/contest/

It works fine on the VCC emulator, and on my unextended 16K Coco 1, but not on my Coco 2.   I noticed that the key rollover table routine I use to check for key presses doesn't seem to work quite right on the real Coco 2.  The peek locations don't seem to reset to 255 as soon as you're not holding down any keys.  It's very strange.  When I run the following on the Coco 1 or VCC I get 255 printed, unless I'm holding down a key.  But on my Coco 2, I get other numbers which just stay, after I stop pressing any of the keys.

10 PRINT PEEK(345)ANDPEEK(344)ANDPEEK(343)ANDPEEK(342)ANDPEEK(341)
20 GOTO 10

Anyone know what gives?