[Coco] C Compiler Problems

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Fri Jan 18 22:44:27 EST 2013

Greetings My Follow Coco'ers,

I'm trying to get the C Compiler up and running on cc.dsk in the Nitros9
nightly build, but some of the files are missing when the compiler runs the
c.link program.  I'm running Nitros9 v3.2.9 6309 in VCC.  Do I need to
assemble all the files in Sources/sys and put the *.r versions of each one
into the lib folder?  I've dsaved the cc.dsk disk image to a copy of the
nos6309l2v030209coco3_80d.dsk boot disk image.  I'm slowly assembling the
files as I need them, but I'm so OS-9/Nitros-9 rusty, that I can't even
write a command file to read all the *.a files, assemble them and copy the
*.r files to the lib folder.  I've never done any Development on Level II
before and I saw a reference to a cc2 c compiler but I cannot find it - so
far.  I also remember reading somewhere in my internet travels about how to
adapt the cc1 c compiler for level I for use on Level II.  Is this an ideal
solution or should I continue looking for the cc2 c compiler.  I understand
that cc2 combines c.pass1 and c.pass2 into one file called c.comp.  Are
there any other differences?  I also dsaved the level II development disk
image to my boot image.  Upon inspection of the files on the Level II
development disk image, I noticed that the assembler has a different name.
What is the difference between c.asm and rma; & c.link and rlink?  It sounds
to me like I need to read some documentation on using the c compiler and the
assembler before I get too far.  What are your thoughts?

On another note, is there a nice Coco 3 WYSYWYG editor that saves plain text
files for Nitros9 Coco 3 Level II?  That scred is so totally different that
I have to read the docs on it almost every time I use it.  Oh, by the way,
for anybody that does not know, WYSYWYG means "What you see is what you
get".

Things are shaping up.  Soon I'll be able to do development for my 6809
computer on my virtual coco 3!  I love it!  Take care everybody.

Kip