[Coco] OS9 Programming question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 22:02:58 EST 2013

The wait(0) cmd makes the calling program wait for the forked process to terminate before resuming operation (any or no signal). Any other value other than 0 will wait for a signal of that number before resuming. I would use wait(2) for the break signal, but if the forked program runs till it finishes, it doesn't produce a signal. So the wait(0) covers all.
It seems that the break key is being stored in the input buffer of the stdin and echoed once the first screen write is performed by the main program. I could try doing a write before leaving the forked process to empty the buffer before exiting. I've tried fflush, but I've noticed in everything I've been working on lately that fflush does not seem to work at all in anything.
I don't think sleep would work even though I could send a wake signal on return, the break key would still be in the buffer.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com