[Coco] A new Kickstarter somewhat related to our overall CoCo FPGA discussion

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 17 17:16:54 EST 2013

On 18/01/2013 12:03 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> Still, with
> several existing portable handheld game style computers available that
> run emulator software, it wasn't clear to me what this one was bringing
> to the table.

 From what I understand, it's simply more power (1GHz CPU), more memory, and
an analogue nub (useful for Coco!).

Other than that, like the others it runs Linux, has SD card support, basic
controls and a 240x320 screen. I guess it comes down to build quality on
these components.

IMHO, the Zero with its 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM is starting to get
interesting for me, as I'm interested in a hand-held device that emulates
16-bit and later platforms like the Amiga, PSX and N64 without struggling.
Of course, it's around the same capability of the Pandora, without the
QWERTY keyboard and larger screen.

Regards,