[Coco] A new Kickstarter somewhat related to our overall CoCo FPGA discussion

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Jan 17 08:03:40 EST 2013

On Jan 17, 2013, at 12:36 AM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> From what I've read, the originator of this project has a poor track
> record on delivering what he has promised, including products to people
> that have paid money. Also, this is supposedly his 3rd attempt at getting
> this project off the ground.

It seems a good percentage of Kickstarter projects are like that, since there is no guarantee you get anything for an investment. Still, with several existing portable handheld game style computers available that run emulator software, it wasn't clear to me what this one was bringing to the table. I did a quick search on Think Geek for the other two, but couldn't find them, so maybe they are gone (or, possibly, I just don't know how to find them since I don't know what they are called).

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com