[Coco] Super Cartridge

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Jan 16 17:39:21 EST 2013

Yes, bank switching was used for some cartridges.  I saw an
interesting version of one of these where someone had cleverly adapted
a CoCo 1/2 bank-switching game that used four banks to run from disk
on a CoCo 3.  He replaced the bank switching with CoCo 3 MMU switching
and turned the cartridge code into a segmented binary file where some
segments were a single byte loaded into an MMU register address to
cause the following segment (resident in a particular bank in the
cartridge version) to be directly loaded into the appropriate MMU
memory block.  Neat!

Art