[Coco] MESS CoCo Emulation

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Jan 15 13:29:52 EST 2013

Actually, the most common method used to protect ROMpack code from
running in RAM was simply to insert a poke to $FFDE to invoke ROM mode
(which would of course have no effect on a cartridge but would crash a
RAM copy).

But Steve Bjork in at least one game I'm aware of used code that
attempted to write to critical bytes of his program, sabotaging it if
the program wasn't write protected by virtue of the fact it was ROM .

Art