[Coco] MESS CoCo Emulation

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:03:22 EST 2013

I don't know I just downloaded mame source code and built mess in windows
and it just worked fine.

But I found a strange behaviour when launching from messui. The rom/ram
bank select becomes painfully slow when running a coco2 from messui and the
allram loops used for many games takes 2 or 3 minutes on some machines that
you think it is frozen.

Just try to run from command prompt like:

mess coco3 -flop1 game.dsk

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Pete Rittwage <peter at rittwage.com> wrote:

> Is this broken for anyone else?
>
> I used to be able to play old CoCo games under MESS with no problem.
>  Today,
> I fired up Canyon Climber and the screen just goes crazy.  Many other
> games crash before the title screen.
>
> I'm not sure what the last version it worked was... I went from 0.148 back
> down to 0.145 and all were broken.  There is nothing in the MameTesters
> bug section, so I figured maybe I have some issue nobody else is having?
>
> What is the last version to work, or is it just my setup?
>
> -Pete Rittwage

Long live the CoCo