[Coco] OS-9 68K & OS-9 x86

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Jan 13 15:51:39 EST 2013

On Jan 11, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:
> BTW... the one time I did attempt to set up the software, there was no mention of "demo" anywhere in the setup. It makes me wonder If Allan sent me a full copy to play with since he and I had had a nice long conversation about old OS9.

I know Radisys has updated the protection they used to use on demos, and now it requires sending in an ID string from the installer, and they will generate a response key you enter to activate it. But, in olden days, the parts that were timebombed were the Windows GUI development environment. The resident tools were, for awhile, in a .tar file (unsupported) which was the backdoor way a hobbyist could acquire OS-9/x86 and play around with it. I believe the resident.tar file has long since been removed, but I did go through the process a year ago with the demo and installed it. I suspect it's timed out now, but this is how I found out the demo was different these days.

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com