[Coco] A new Kickstarter somewhat related to our overall CoCo FPGA discussion

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 12 05:51:50 EST 2013

On 10/01/2013 4:05 PM, Sean wrote:

> This is the problem with my collecting obsession:  Haven't taken my
> Neo-Geo X out of the box yet!  I should have bought two of them,
> because I knew they'd figure out how to hack the thing!

I can understand that 'obsessive' side of collecting, but I can't see
the NGX ever being sought after as a MIB collectable. Plus I was way too
excited to be able to play Metal Slug on-the-go to not open it
immediately! ;)

As I'm sure you've read elsewhere, it does have its faults. The screen
isn't the best; the viewing angle being my biggest complaint. The sound
is quite subdued as well... from another perspective, the AES version of
the games tend to have too steep a difficulty curve; I can't even get
past level 3 on Puzzled, for example.

I'm hoping they'll eventually hack it without having to open it up,
though I suspect I'll have to at leat re-flash the thing, and build an
SD adapter.

Would love to play Lancer, Pooyan and Zaxxon on it though!

Regards,

--
| <http://pacedev.net> |