[Coco] Nitro OS9 Level 1 question

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jan 8 20:10:48 EST 2013

Bill Pierce wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I got NitrOS9 level 1 running on XRoar (Coco 2 format) and I'm using the "cohr" hires screen driver. What I need to know is how to change that driver from black/green to black/buff (white). I remember doing this on my old Coco 2 back in the 80s, but have no idea how I did it. I know also that some things were changed in NitrOS9 and have no idea what to change to change the colors.
>
> Any ideas?
> Bill P

Bill,

When I looked at memory using the MESS debugger, I found that either vtio or
cohr had set $FF22 to $F0. When I manually changed that to $F8, I got a black
and white screen with artifact colors.
Changing $F0 to $F8 flips CSS and should be the equivalent of SCREEN1,0 to
SCREEN1,1.

Now you would want to change /term with xmode and cobbler but I don't know which
variable should be changed. You can however use the display command to swap the
screen colors.
display f 0 5;display c
Will get the black/white color set.
display f 0 1;display c
Will get the black/green color set.

It is necessary to add the display c before the new screen is usable.

Robert