[Coco] [COCO] Becker Boot Disk comes to NitrOS-9 L1

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jan 6 20:53:40 EST 2013

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 20:37:54 -0500
Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> David Ladd wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Does not work for me with the VCC for Becker version. If anyone
> >> else has that version of VCC, I'd like to see some test reports.
> >>

> > At this time even the patched version of VCC does not support
> > running NOS9 L1 fully.
>  >snip<
>
> I've got strong evidence that it is not NitrOS-9 causing a problem.
> VCC will not work with stock Microware Level1v2 as well as NitrOS-9
> Level1.
>
> One important point is that VCC will run "The Interbank Incident"
> which is a Level1v2 game but just uses the joystick not the keyboard.
> If you quite the game, then VCC will "freeze."
> The obvious conclusion is that VCC keyboard routines don't work with
> L1v2 code.

	A recent article in the CoCo~123 (Glenside Newsletter) bears
this out. Rich Bair (GCCC member extraordinaire) writes about converting
one of the Winnie The Pooh adventures to Level2 (for another member's
grand daughter) because the stock disks (with Level1 OS9) froze VCC
when the date was (or was not) entered to start OS9.

--
Christopher R. Hawks
Melissa Binde: Don't walk behind Wharton.