[Coco] FPGA Nitros9 Question

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:32:50 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM, John Orwen <jorwen at neb.rr.com> wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> I tried nos96309l2v030209coco3_becker.dsk  and got exactly the same results
> a screenful of garbage.  If I try a standard nitros9 not for DW it starts to
> load with an error of OS9 failed to load.
> I guess I will need to contact Gary to see what is going on

As Frank pointed out, you must use a 6809 disk and not a 6309 disk.

You can use the 6809 40 track disk image or the 6809 becker image.
You quite possibly are able to use the 6809 80 track image as well, I
remember Gary working on that but I forget the outcome.  So basically
almost any disk except the ones you've tried so far :)  All of these
disks should be found right next to wherever you found the _dw and
6309 images.

There may be issues with the nightly disks, so I'd recommend to use
the ones that David Ladd has checked out.  I am not entirely sure of
the details on that situation.  I'll try to get with David later on
and see if we can sort out the nightly situation.