[Coco] WTB: PAL CoCo (1, 2, or 2B) for shipment to USA

Jayeson Lee-Steere cocolistemail at titaniumstudios.com
Wed Feb 27 23:19:53 EST 2013

This fellow has a couple of Australian Coco 2's for sale:
http://ianmav.customer.netspace.net.au/trs80/cocos
I have not purchased from him, but this looks like his eBay store:
http://stores.ebay.com.au/TRS-80-Universe

Keep in mind that since the Coco 1/2's don't have composite out, you need
equipment with an appropriate tuner, not just PAL composite capability. I
have some evidence that the broadcast signal is not completely identical
between the UK and Australia and looks to be quite different to the USA.
Not sure if you can easily pick a composite signal from a PAL Coco - I can
not find any technical info for any Coco 1/2 PAL models.

I have the backwards issue: want to display NTSC 60Hz from a Coco 1/2 and
have NTSC composite capability, but not NTSC tuner capability. If anyone
has a technical reference manual/schematic for a 1/2 PAL model, I'd love to
have access to it. I would like to see if I can disable the extra lines on
my PAL Coco 2 to output the VDG's original 60Hz timing.

Cheers,

Jayeson