[Coco] CoCo joystick ports

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Feb 26 17:45:23 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 04:00:14PM -0600, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:46 AM, "John W. Linville" <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
> > If you want different quantities, just search for "6 pin DIN".
> > Be sure to look at the pictures, and avoid any "mini-DIN" varieties.
>
> Thanks, John. I am just hesitant because of finding out there were
> different types of "X pin DINs" in the 1980s. I bought a five pin, I
> think, and on the C64, the top two pins (of the U shape) were spaced
> farther apart than on the CoCo. I used a soldering iron to melt mine
> and move them so it would fix, until I got the proper one.

In fact, there are (at least) three 5-pin variations...

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_connector

I think that what you want it the 240 degree 6 pin DIN.  If you only
want to use it on a CoCo 1/2, then the 240 degree 5 pin DIN would do.
FWIW, my Tano Dragon only seems to accomodate the 5 pin option.

John
--
John W. Linville                Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville at tuxdriver.com                  might be all we have.  Be ready.