[Coco] Coco 2b problem: reboots when accessing the disk

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Feb 26 14:25:55 EST 2013

Yes the P stands for plastic.  Both model numbers are good, The 68B09E is
rated for 2 MHz, twice what is needed for a CoCo 2.  I'd go with the less
costly version, in a quality socket.  Cut the legs on the dead one with
small diagonal cutters and use a solder sucker and maybe a toothpick to
clean out each hole, then solder in a socket.  On a 5 level system it is a
level 3 task.  Not a good project for a first one, but not all that hard,
one step at a time.

Bruce W.