[Coco] OS-9 has a new owner

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Feb 21 18:22:51 EST 2013

On Feb 21, 2013, at 5:08 PM, John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
> Wow, that is really cool!  I hope that works out!  Let's hope for
> a nice, clean "open source" license for the 6809 code as well --
> I'm happy to consult on the choice of a license... :-)

One thing I think could be an opportunity for Microware LP would be having some sort of limited licensing program for folks like us who would be interested in working with it and porting stuff over. I have been learning stuff at my day job (CAN bus, SPI bus, etc.) that seem like they would be really easy to implement on OS-9, but never were (though CAN bus came up from time to time). There is so much more reference code out there these days -- and stuff that runs on little 16-bit Arduinos or TI MSP430s  in straight C -- like USB stacks and the like. We might be able to contribute quite a bit if we had access to the OS and tools.

		-- Allen