[Coco] Issues with 26-3022 interface

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 21:32:00 EST 2013

I'm happy to inform Daniel used Jeff Vavasour's DSKINI MS-DOS program in an
old PC and now he's transferring images like there's no tomorrow. I'm sure
he can fill in more juicy details. Yo, Daniel! Manifest thyself!

And now an idea I had. Could it be possible to program the CoCo FDC to
format/read/write (a) additional tracks in the same side of the floppy, or
(b) side 2 of the floppy, or (c) both?

We could have four disks in one!

I remember way back at the CoCo clone company I worked, we did a hack to
interpret side two of the floppy as a second drive. IIRC, that involved
some slight change in DECB to program the FDC differently if drive 1 or 3
was being accessed.