[Coco] Issues with 26-3022 interface

Daniel Campos daniel.campus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:50:35 EST 2013

Mark,

Em 12/02/2013 11:56, Mark Marlette escreveu:
> Daniel,
>
> This HD mod was created by Robert Brose of our computer club many years ago.
>
> I have done this mod, it works. I also added a line from the controller to the drive to automatically switch the transfer rate clock based upon the sensors in the drive rather than just the descriptor.
>
> With that said...this is NO easy mod. Almost easier making a new controller.

Yes, for what I saw from the document that Harry sent, it will be no
easy task.

> It requires a the MB8877A(??) memory loss ATM upgrade and then there was also a speed issue running at 1.78MHZ as well. A chip that needed replacing. Was pinged this past weekend on this at Cloud-9 and haven't had the chance to look up my work in my project documentation book. I have it.
>
> The file was up on RTSI for a long time. ????
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
> http://www.cloud9tech.com

Ou of curiosity, I just attached today a 3 1/2 1.44M drive to the Coco
and it worked flawlessly! It formated the disk (a HD disk with the role
closed to make the drive understand it as 720Kb disk) and SAVEd and
LOADed some programs. No errors ocurred during the format process!
How can I check the disk to see if it was formated properly ?

This drive is a Mitsumi D359M3D and was already configured to DS0,
because I used it before with one of my MSX machines.

Thanks!

Daniel