[Coco] The terrible Scripsit

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Mon Feb 11 13:35:42 EST 2013

On Feb. 11, 2013, at 9:47 AM, Luis Fernández wrote:

> I hope Robert G Kilgus, not on the list, lol
>
> He made other programs
> Art Gallery (1981) (26-3061)
> Color Cubes (1981) (26-3075)
> Color Scripsit (1981) (26-3105)
> Color Profile
> Dino Wars (1981) (26-3057)
> Quasar Commander (1980) (26-3051)
> Skiing (1981) (26-3058)
>
> For me the best Skiing  gives the impression fine going down a
> mountain skies, with the bright idea of ​​just a few sticks
> accomplish that, it was fabulous
> was not as good dino wars
> also I have my complaints color profile
> and one of my favorite color cube, does not help you solve it, you
> need the version 2 of the
>
> But certainly, Robert had a large amount of software, and I give my
> biggest congratulations

I was always impressed by Robert's games in that they all were 3D
environments/visuals, an impressive achievement on a 8kB ROM cartridge
and a pokey 1 MHz 8-bit home computer!  Some of his sound effects were
very convincing, too:  the announcer's voice, gun shot, and crowds in
Skiing, for example, or the dinosaur roars in Dino Wars.

I kind of hope Boisy finds Robert to interview for his upcoming CoCo
book.  I did some digging around and think I may have found contact
information for Robert.  Look at the section on author information for
this self-published book on Amazon; there is an e-mail address at the
end of the author bio:

<http://www.amazon.com/Money-Where-does-come-ebook/dp/B008C1FONW/>

The bio states:

	Prior to writing my book, "My Money", most of my writing was done in
languages other than English. I have expressed myself creatively in
COBOL, Algol, OSIL, Assembly language for 8088 series and 68000 series
microprocessors, and various forms of BASIC. I have also done a bit of
work in HTML.

	As evidenced by some of those earlier languages, I have been kicking
around for quite a while. Let's just say that OSIL was the language
used for the MCP (Master Control Program) of a Burroughs Mainframe
computer, the B5000, in the early 1960's.

	I created a few programs for those early Radio Shack computers in the
1978-1985 era then retired.'' ...

	... (Comments sent to NthBob at AOL dot com are read. I'll try, but
can't always promise a reply.)

-- JP