[Coco] The terrible Scripsit

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Mon Feb 11 12:49:10 EST 2013

At 12:43 PM 2/11/2013, you wrote:
>Scripsit's quirkyness is a product of its times, in my opinion.  I
>remember the first time I logged onto a unix system and had to use
>vi -- that's still in use, and has all kinds of non-intuitive
>behaviors.  And after a while, you kinda miss it... :)

Really true. I had disliked the available CoCo word processors so
didn't use them (I kept using my Model I as a word processor until 1992).

But I did start to write one for the CoCo ... and speaking of product
of the times! I had created it so that the screen contents MOVED over
top of a FIXED window at the center like a typewriter platen moved
the paper around the type/ribbon guide. There was no cursor because
whatever you were typing was always in the very center of the screen.
I sketched it in BASIC and never got beyond that because it stopped
making sense as people stopped using regular typewriters.

You can't see the future.

Dennis