[Coco] The terrible Scripsit

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:34:51 EST 2013

I think that one thing you have to keep in mind when looking at
vintage SW is that looking back we will always be able to point out
imperfections/flaws present.  I am sure what Scripsit came out it was
a nice program for people in the market segment it was targeted for.
In 1981 it was common to use the cassette tape for saving information,
especially the market the CoCo was geared toward.  Back in 1981 the
IBM PC was released with a price tag of just south of $1,600 which is
equivalent to about $4000 today.  A TRS-80 with 16K of memory and
Extended color basic and a cassette recorder was $650, Color Scripsit
was $40.  So the CoCo user was looking at $700, or about $1700 today.
Adding a drive to a CoCo then was another $600.