[Coco] The terrible Scripsit

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:16:17 EST 2013

Calling Scripsit or Scripsit II for the Color Computer a "terrible" word
processing software package is a bit harsh, "limited" would be a better
description.

Tandy did eventually come out with a Disk Scripsit package to address the
concerns of storage on disk instead of cassette, same basic functionality
at the word processing level.

In all fairness to these offerings, the pak versions allowed for people
with limited budget to do some basic word processing, which was
definitively better than using a typewriter. Just a 16k RAM CoCo, a
cassette tape recorder and a cheap printer was all that was needed to join
the WP crowds.

IMHO :-)

-- RP