[Coco] Pristine image on coco2 and coco3 with GBS8200

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 10 22:48:22 EST 2013

On Sunday 10 February 2013 22:45:31 Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013, Kip Koon wrote:
> > Thank Allen for pointing out the GBS-8200 to us.  This product looks
> > very promising!  :)  Please let me know how well it works.  If it
> > works as well as I hope, I will be buying one for myself.  Now for a
> > container for this little dream board to be housed in that is
> > inexpensive.  Hummmm.
>
> I built mine into a large project box from Radio Shack.
>
> I haven't been following this thread very closely.  What are folks doing
> to combine H + V sync?  I was never able to get the GBS to work with
> separate sync at 15.75Khz. RGB in.
>
> Steve

ISTR I made a resistive combiner and used the comp sync input.  I think...

It also doesn't have quite enough video output to drive the monitor I am
actually using, which is an Elotech crt with a touch screen I've been
intending to see if I could write a driver for.  Lack of round tuits of
course.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
...Deep Hack Mode -- that mysterious and frightening state of
consciousness where Mortal Users fear to tread.
		-- Matt Welsh
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...