[Coco] Ethernet Port Cartridge for the Coco 3

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:43:11 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's also a 6502 network environment called Contiki.  I always thought
> that might be a good candidate for porting to the CoCo.  Contiki is
> available for Commodore 64, Apple 2 and a few other machines.

And it's based off of uIP, a TCP/IP stack for 8-bit machines. As
others have said, there is *no* reason that the CoCo wouldn't be able
to do it, it's just a matter of performance. The CS8900 John B
mentioned has been used elsewhere on 8-bits and works a charm.

The only roadblock is actually writing the software.

--
James Dessart
<http://ideaoubliette.blogspot.com/>