[Coco] Awesome Ebay steal!

John E. Bielak j.bielak at comcast.net
Tue Feb 5 21:42:32 EST 2013

On 2/5/2013 8:12 AM, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
> On 05/02/2013 13:08, Jeremy Michea wrote:
>> Ebay sellers really need to understand the concept that rare does not
>> necessarily equal expensive.
>
> And then there are the idiots that try and sell 'R at RE ZX Spctrum 48K' or
> 'R at RE Commodore 64 / Vic 20' for loads of £££ / $$$$
>
> Most of the time anything that says 'rare' in the title is common as muck.

lol...Or the .99 opening bids with a 100.00 shipping & handling fee.
and I'm always thinking that about half the time "untested" or "it
worked when I stored it..." translates into "Yes, it's soooo broken, but
I still want to sell like it was mint-in-box!"  I constantly wonder who
they think is being fooled?   Is there really anyone that new, desperate
or gullible?

Of course I can't just blame stupid/greedy sellers.  My all time
favorite eBay story was when I picked up an item that was legitimately
fairly rare for surprisingly reasonable price. Shortly after the auction
the seller emailed me saying that he got a good laugh because a bunch of
losing bidders had emailed him complaining that it wasn't fair because
their auto bid sniper programs failed... eBay changed the page format
slightly the day the auction ended... and they wanted a re-do.

-John-