[Coco] CoCo -> PC Redux

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Mon Feb 4 19:57:07 EST 2013

Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 03:39:01 -0000
From: "noskosteve"<noskosteve at yahoo.com>

   I've been poking 'round the net (and Files Area) looking for ideas on transferring CoCo stuff to the PC probably not visa-versa, but you never know.  I have a Windows 95 machine with 5"  & 3" floppies, Enet and, obviously serial.  I also have a Vista Laptop with a wireless USB <-> Serial virtual (RF) serial link and HyperTerminal.

Searching for PC Transfer, I see references to "Jeff's PORT", and some other stuff... but it's hard following some of the threads.

So, assuming I've given enough info...  Comments?

Highly edited your post! Luis pointed out is COCODSKUTIL. You can also try Drivewire. It runs on the PC and makes it a file server for the CoCo, so you can transfer files to a virtual disk on the PC then should be able to read them from the PC. I don't recall what people use to read the files on the PC side, I'm sure someone more familiar with Driewire will jump in!

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine