[Coco] MAMOU bug?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 20:12:54 EST 2013

If I remember right, and I'm sure Steve will correct me if I'm wrong, the reason he holds his copyrights is that he still markets his software. Steve often does ports of his software for game companies to build "retro" game collections for PS3, XBox, DS etc. You have to remember, Steve wrote (and currently writes) software for much more than just the Coco. Most of his Coco games were ports from other systems. Some of his software is currently lisenced to large game companies so to post these games not only violates Steve's copyright, but you could be violating the copyright of large ccompanies that have lawyers on retainer that shut little websites down for fun while they're drinking their morning coffeee. The only thing I've known him to release was the "Mouse" software he wrote for Rainbow. That's currently on RTSI and I'm pretty sure I remember an anouncement from Steve himself on the old bitlist server that he was putting it there.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com