[Coco] MAMOU bug?

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 17:55:19 EST 2013

Yes, nobody will not agree this is the law, but should the law be enforced
in this case, for games that are not for sale in the last 25 years?

Before you tell me all laws must be enforced because they are the law, just
take a look on the dumb laws you have in your state just for start:

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/california

Second, enforcing this law will ultimately lead to the extinction of all
your work. Why ? Well eventually all diskettes will become unreadable, many
users from 80's are at the end of their lives and their collections being
disposed at the garbage.

So, a preservation of the Coco porfolio must be done. Because they are pop
culture, history.

Did you ever consider selling electornically your games on ebay ? For a
small price, you can send the .DSK, a thanks email and even a pdf of the
cover art, booklet and sticker ? People buy stupid games on their iphones
why a coco lover won't pay for the beloved games of their youth ? Not that
you will become rich from that but this way you're not just killiing all
your hard work.

Felipe.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Steve Bjork <6809er at srbsoftware.com> wrote:

> No, they are not in public domain.
>
> If you post them you are breaking the law.
>
> The law is the law.
>
> And I do send out take down notices to the ISP when I find them posted
> illegally.
>
> Steve
>
> On 1/24/2013 10:32 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
>
>> Hey Steve,
>>
>> Let me ask you one thing. The games you made for the coco, are they public
>> domain ? Because they are all wide spread on internet like coco archive or
>> .vhd images but they aren't available from your web page or even L. Curtis
>> Boyle game list. What makes me think they aren't in fact PDs.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Felipe.

Long live the CoCo