[Coco] De-lurk!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 31 11:27:02 EST 2013

Le 2013-12-31 à 15:44:00, Christopher Barnett Fox a écrit :

> I certainly hope so, as I'd forgotten just how bad the composite output
> on the CoCo can be.

It's also possible that your much newer TV is less capable of reading
composite signals. That's what I think happened to me, unless that part of
the CoCo hardware magically went from quite good to quite bad between the
two times I tried (which were about a year apart). I'll try with my old TV
again... eventually.

> I was tempted to eBay a CM-8 recently, but I've decided to take the more
> rewarding (and cheaper) path with the more flexible ACV-011 converter.
> I'm looking at getting the 2x5 ribbon header from Sparkfun. My local RS
> didn't have it.

2x5 ribbon cables were found in most IBM PC clones throughout the 90's, as
connections between the motherboard and the serial ports (DB25 and DB9).
After that, DB9 plugs got integrated to motherboards (and case shapes
changed accordingly). But desktop computers that provide USB ports in
different places on the case at once use 2x5 ribbon cable internally, for
the ports that aren't directly on the motherboard. That's in case you want
to recycle. :)