[Coco] DriveWire for TC-9/SWTPC/M68MM17

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Mon Dec 30 14:13:35 EST 2013

As Aaron pointed out that the driver section of the client can be
re-written for new timing.  The point I was trying to make that it's
easier to to use a hardware communications device than writing a driver
that uses 100% of the CPU while transferring the data.  (Not good for a
multitasking and multiuser OS like OS-9.)

As for the timing on the server side, your going to want to re-write the
code anyway for these new systems.  After all, Aaron tuned the DriveWire
for the speed of the CoCo.  You will need to do the same for these other
computers and the servers they use. (Not an easy task.)

Steve