[Coco] 6309 vs 6809

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Dec 27 22:36:40 EST 2013

Mike, there would be very little if no change unless the code was written specifically for the 6309. The extra intructions are it's speed and if you run a program written for 6809, it runs like a 6809. The only difference would be to run it double speed, but then most games would run too fast. The Coco 3 will run in double speed with a 6809 as well.
Now given the same program modified to run with the 6309 instructions set, you'll see big differences. Nitros9 runs much faster in 6309 native, but it was written for it.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com