[Coco] 6309 vs 6809

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 22:16:17 EST 2013

Does anyone know of a side by side comparison of the 6309 vs 6809?  I keep
hearing how much faster the 6309 is but I'd like to see a real-world
comparison.  I understand that most of the speed improvements come from
6309 native mode as opposed to 6809 compatible model, but isn't most coco
software unaware of the 6309?  Numbers and bar charts just don't cut it -
I'd like to see if there is any noticeable difference between the chips
doing normal activities.  Play a couple RSDOS games, boot NitrosO-9, run
some OS-9 programs etc.