[Coco] DW3DOS ROM not loading NitrOS9 correctly

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 25 01:18:13 EST 2013

p.s.  Yes the NitrOSO .vhd on the server drive 0 is good.  Its what i have been going into all along by DOS command or a special floppy disk I made for my modified drivewire rom in my 502 controller.  That ROM has 'DRIVE OFF' by default at bootup so I can AUTOEXEC real floppies.  I have a floppy I made bootable in NitrOS9/DW.  Using this disk with the DOS command, it boots from the floppy for the first part of the boot process (till the screen goes blank with 'NITROS9 BOOT' in the center) at which time it finishes the boot from reading the DriveWire server's Disk 0.   So that image works in various situations... just not from the DW3DOS ROM I pulled from the Cloud 9 ZIP.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity

Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:

The one I tried was "dw3dos_dsk_cc2.rom" from the archive on the Cloud 9
site.  When booting that in EPROM, it does access the DriveWire server and
reads a bunch of sectors and displays "NITROS9 BOOT" on the screen.  If I
take the server offline before booting the ROM, it very quickly goes to
"BOOT FAILED" on the screen.