[Coco] Who did the R-RATED "Donkey Kong" hack?

John Donaldson johnab8yz at verizon.net
Tue Dec 24 19:32:42 EST 2013

Allen,
   There were two people that wrote this patch. Both were members of the
old JSC COCO Club way back when. BTW at one time
this COCO club had over 100 members and the largest library of COCO
programs and magazines anywhere around. 99% of the members were NASA
Engineers and Technicians. The highlight of the club was when two of the
Engineers took a COCO1, added an
extra PIA, interfaced a VOTRAX chip to it, and wrote a OS9 LVL1 driver
to run the chip. This was to make a talking word processor for a blind
female who was the Secretary for the Vice Director of Engineering.

John Donaldson