[Coco] COBOL

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 12:40:28 EST 2013

After much searching, I have to say I have not found a copy of either the
FORTRAN or COBOL programming languages for OS9. The SWTPC files do not
appear to contain them, but does have reference to them.

reference: COBOL_MW.6809 (DIR) 96 bytes in size

path: OS9UG001.DSK: SRC/PROGRAMMING_AID

contains: FORMS2.GNX (DIR) 128 bytes in size

The listing does not include this directory's contents. I will run the
emulator and see if I can get a listing. The forms2.gnx directory contains:

   directory of src/programming_aid/cobol_mw.6809/forms2.gnx  09:34:32

Owner Last modified attributes sector bytecount
name
----- ------------- ---------- ------ ---------
----------
   0  83/08/11 1714  ---wr-wr     7DF       25F
forms2.gn1
   0  83/08/11 1715  ---wr-wr     7E3      33CA
forms2.gn2

This is as close to COBOL as the SWTPC files gets. There are no apparent
FORTRAN-related files that I have been able to identify so far. A closer
analysis of the files by someone who knows what might have been part of
those environments is necessary. That said, the PASCAL disks are part of
the collection, as is the OS9 version of C.

Wayne