[Coco] .BIN to .ROM

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Tue Dec 24 10:57:05 EST 2013

Chad,

As you learned from the replies, converting a .BIN file to .ROM files is
not easy.  Besides re-write the code to live in a new address space,
there is the fact that .BIN loads data in blocks all over the place.
The header for each block of data contains the address to load and the
size of the block.

Programmers have used this segmented loading of data to write to the
Video Memory and systems vectors alone with the programs data it's
self.  So converting this segmented loading format to a simple one
blocks load of the .ROM format is way there are two formats in the first
place.

I do have a question for you, Why do you want to convert a .BIN
formatted files into the .ROM format in the first place?  It was not
clear in your first message.  Knowing the reason may help us understand
your problem and come up with a solution for you.

Steve