[Coco] family names

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:45:16 EST 2013

As far as I have been told, "VanDen" and VanDer" both mean "Of the Dutch" or "Of the" family name. In my case it would roughly translate to "Of the Biggelaars". I also have been told that "VanDen" means of Dutch Royalty...(which is kind of ironic and makes me laugh),as opposed to the more common Van Der.
In the next decade or so it won't really mater as most of my relatives of my generation, including my own brother, have legally changed it to just "Biggelaar", dropping the VanDen all together. In fact, of all my generation, only one cousin and myself have not changed it.