[Coco] Silly question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Dec 21 15:29:15 EST 2013

On Saturday 21 December 2013 15:18:56 Bill Gordon did opine:

> Well, the only shell I use is the one included in whatever distro of
> NitrOS-9 I use. I'm concentrating on Gene Heskett's distros for now,
> cause they have nearly everything I use.
>
> I've successfully created a non-HDBDOS boot disk that will allow me to
> access DriveWire. All I gotta do is figure out which descriptor to put
> in the bootlist to have the ability to pr

If this got truncated at print, two modules, the descriptor obviously, and
the driver the descriptor names in a dump of it.

In my case:
../MODULES/SCF/scdwp.dr
../MODULES/SCF/p_scdwp.dd

Then I have the dw server configured to save whats printed to /p as a plane
ascii text file, and some bash scripts here that detect that files closing,
pick it up and move it, renaming it as it does and running it through d2u
to convert the line ends and then sends it thru cups for rendering into a
raster image, and sends it back down to a B&W laser printer on the coco's
desk, where it spits out of the printer at about 19 pages a minute.  The
printer fires up about 10 to 15 seconds after your "list file >/p" gets its
shell prompt back.