[Coco] Clock chips

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Fri Dec 20 20:00:26 EST 2013

Steve,

Yes....as you can see my statement was to remove the DS1307 and use a software RTC.

The DS1307 drifts little... The software RTC is derived from the system clock, 16/32MHZ depending on which dev platform I am on. On the Xmega I can hook a 32.768kHz xtal to have a precision clock source as it has DFLL.

Yes my firmware allows in the .cfg file on the SD to set the user's offset from UTC and does DST and adjusts as required.

All on the CoCo.....well kind of.... :)

I don't need to check the time, as I know it is always correct, at least within a second.

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com