[Coco] Unknown error

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Dec 20 09:04:03 EST 2013

Bill Gordon wrote:
> Sometimes when I'm using a DW distro of NitrOS-9 and I try to use the setime
> command, I get an error that says:
>

>>> Clock Initialization Errors <<
>

> The clock seems to be correct, but what is that error?
>

> Thanks

Bill,

That error message comes from the setime command. It would be called if there is
an error with the os9 F$STime syscall. If the returned error is not $EA,
non-existent module, then what you see is sent as a generic error.
You can look at F$STime in level2/modules/kernel and see that the only reported
error is generated by the os9 F$Link call.

Since we have excluded a missing module, the remaining errors would be module
busy and defective module header. Module busy is the only reasonable choice.

Probably Setime should be changed so that F$Time is tried twice to compensate
for a Busy error. You could also change Setime so that if the error is $D1,
module busy, it gets reported. At least that would test my reasoning.

Robert